What does breast lift recovery include?
During your breast lift recovery, dressings or bandages will be applied to the incisions after the procedure is completed.
- You’ll need to wear an elastic bandage or support bra to minimize swelling and support your breasts as they heal.
- A small, thin tube may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess blood or fluid that may collect.
- You will be given specific instructions that may include:
- How to care for your breasts following surgery
- Medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection
- Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health
- When to follow up with your plastic surgeon.
When can I expect to see my breast lift results?
The results of your breast lift surgery are immediately visible. Over time, post-surgical swelling will resolve and incision lines will fade.
- Satisfaction with your new image should continue to grow as you recover from surgery.
- The final results of your breast lift will appear over the next few months as breast shape and position continue to settle.
- Incision lines are permanent but will continue to fade over time. The results of your breast lift surgery will be long-lasting.
- Over time, your breasts can continue to change due to aging and gravity. You’ll be able to retain your new look longer if you:
- Maintain your weight
- Keep a healthy lifestyle
- Following your physician’s instructions is essential to the success of your surgery.
- It’s important that the surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, swelling, abrasion, or motion during the time of healing. Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to care for yourself
Should pregnant women go for breast lifts
Breast surgery should be entertained only after child bearing is completed.
- Changes that occur in the breasts during pregnancy can minimize or reverse the improvement a breast lift provides.
- Likewise, significant weight loss after breast surgery can negatively impact breast appearance.
What are the risks of a breast lift?.
The decision to have plastic surgery is extremely personal, and you’ll have to decide if the benefits will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications of breast lift surgery are acceptable. You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure and any breast lift risks and potential complications