Cosmetic Clinic - Treatment & Services
A quick, safe and effective way to remove unwanted fat, liposuction removes fat from the body by using a tubular, probe connected to a suction machine or syringe. Fat collected on the hips, thighs, buttocks, abdomen, arms, under the chin and upper torso can be reduced by this procedure. Liposuction is neither a substitute for dieting nor a cure for obesity and does not prevent a person from gaining weight afterwards, therefore proper precaution and maintenance is necessary. People with reasonably normal weight and young, healthy, elastic skin, but with extra localized fat in certain areas, get the best results from this procedure. This procedure is usually done under general anesthesia and usually does not require a hospital stay. An overnight stay in larger liposuction may be warranted
The concept of liposuction is surprisingly simple. Liposuction is a surgical technique that improves the body's contour by removing excess fat deposits located between the skin and muscle.
After Liposuction, the body's shape is more or less permanent. If a patient does gain a moderate amount of weight after liposuction, then the figure will simply be larger vision of the new body shape. Fat cells that are removed by liposuction do not grow back.
The most frequently treated areas for women are the abdomen, breasts, hips, outer thighs, anterior thighs, inner thighs, knees, arms, buttocks, cheeks and neck. In men who comprise about 15% to 25% of liposuction patients, the most commonly treated areas include the chin and neck area, abdomen, flanks("love-handles"), and breasts.
Vaser Assisted Liposuction, also called LipoSelection, is another alternate technology to traditional liposuction. Vaser ultrasonic liposuction is still a process by which fatty deposits are removed from beneath the skin to improve the aesthetics of a particular body part. Optimally, patients who are treated by Vaser liposuction are in good physical condition and are looking for a contouring or body sculpturing as opposed to using liposuction as a way to lose weight.
In the case of vaser liposuction, tumescent liquid, or a saline solution mixed with anesthetics, is injected into the body area being treated. Instead of using a cannula and manual movement to break down the fat tissue, or a laser, or water pressure, vaser liposuction uses ultrasound high frequency vibration to break fat cells apart. The cosmetic surgeon uses Vaser ultrasonic probes, inserted into the fatty tissue to gently break the fat cells down. The vibration gently disengages and loosens the fat cells and ultimately emulsifies the tumescent fluid that has been infused into the body area. Once the emulsification is in process, a small cannula is used to remove the liquid and the fat cells. Some of the local anesthetic remains in the tissue and that helps to reduce post-procedural pain.
Male Breast Surgery / Gynecomastia
- Men whose condition can’t be corrected through alternate medical treatments.
- Healthy individuals who don’t have a life threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing.
- Non-smoker and non- drug users.
- Men with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for improving the physical symptoms of gynecomastia.
- Men who are physically healthy and of relatively normal weight.
- Men who’ve realistic expectations.
- Men whose breast development has stabilized.
- Men who are bothered by the feeling that their breast are too large.
Adolescents may benefit from surgery, although secondary procedures may be needed in the future.
You should discuss this with your surgeon prior to surgery, and make sure you fully understand everything that is involved while keeping your expectations realistic. Your experienced surgeon can help you with this.
Cosmetic Breast Surgery
Breast Augmentation Surgery
It involves using silicon breast implants referred as breast augmentation, to increase the size of your breast or restore breast volume that has been lost after weight reduction or pregnancy.Breast implant is clinically referred to as augmentation mammoplasty.Breast augmentation can:
- Increase fullness and projection of your breast.
- Improve the balance of your figure.
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence.
Breast implant may also be used for breast reconstruction after mastectomy or injury.
To get the best result, follow the aftercare advice of your surgeon. You will usually need to attend a series of post-operative appointments so your surgeon can check your recovery.
Breast augmentation also be done in some cases by using fat grafting. This involves transfer of fat from the other part of body like stomach to the breast. However it needs to be done multiple sittings and it enhance only volume.
Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
A breast lift also known as mastopexy, raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour. Sometimes the areola becomes enlarged over time, and a breast lift will reduce this as well.
A breast lift can rejuvenate your figure with a breast profile that is more youthful and uplifted.
A woman’s breasts often change over time, losing their youthful shape and firmness. These changes and loss of skin elasticity can result from:
- Weight fluctuations
These risks and others will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It’s important that you address all of your questions directly with your plastic surgeon.
During your breast lift recovery, dressings or bandages will be applied to the incisions after the procedure is completed.
- You’ll need to wear an elastic bandage or support bra to minimize swelling and support your breasts as they heal.
- A small, thin tube may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess blood or fluid that may collect.
- You will be given specific instructions that may include:
- How to care for your breasts following surgery
- Medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection
- Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health
- When to follow up with your plastic surgeon.
Breast Reduction Mammaplasty
Breast reduction surgery removes excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin to achieve a breast size in proportion with your body and to alleviate the discomfort associated with overly large breasts.
Initially after breast reduction surgery, your breasts will be swollen, and may feel sore and bruised. You will have one drain in each breast for 24 – 72 hours, in most cases. The drain should not hurt when it is removed. You should also avoid heavy lifting and refrain from exercise and other strenuous activities for at least four weeks following the procedure. For extra support, a special soft surgical bra or athletic bra may be recommended. Most of the sutures are buried under the skin and will dissolve on their own. The remaining stitches will be removed in two weeks after the breast reduction procedure. To ensure that the breasts are healing properly, breast reduction patients should attend follow-up appointments for several months after surgery.
Post Bariatic Surgery (Body Shaping)
After undergoing bariatric (weight loss) surgery patient lose large amount of weight and are left with lose skin folds that can be benefited from cosmetic body contouring surgery.
- Adults whose weight loss has stabilized.
- Healthy individuals without medical condition that impair healing or increase risk of surgery.
- Individual with a positive outlook and realistic goals.
- Individuals that are committed to leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness.
- Surgical body contouring following major weight loss removes excess sagging fat and skin while improving the shape of the underlying support tissue. The result is a normal appearance with smoother contours.
- Body contouring produces may include:
- Facelift: sagging of the mid-face, jowls and neck
- Breast lift: sagging, flattered breasts
- Tummy tuck: apron of excess skin hanging over the abdomen
- Lower body lifts: sagging of abdomen, buttocks, groin and outer thighs
- Medical thigh lift: sagging of inner, outer and mid thigh
- Brachioplasty (arm lift): sagging of the upper arms
- Body lift
- A complete lower body lift treats sagging buttocks, abdomen, waist, hips and outer thigh in one procedure.
- Incision patterns vary and may include a circumferential incision around the body to remove the “belt” of excess skin and fat.
What is body contouring?
Surgical body contouring following major weight loss removes excess sagging fat and skin while improving the shape of the underlying support tissue. The result is a more normal appearance with smoother contours. Dramatic weight loss has many benefits. But after weight reduction surgery, or any substantial amount of weight loss, the skin and tissues often lack the elasticity to conform to the reduced body size.Body contouring procedures may include:
- Facelift: sagging of the mid-face, jowls, and neck
- Breast lift: sagging, flattened breasts
- Tummy tuck: apron of excess skin hanging over the abdomen
- Lower body lifts: sagging of the abdomen, buttocks, groin and outer thighs
- Medial thigh lift: sagging of the inner, outer and mid-thigh
- Arm lift: sagging of the upper arms
Tummy Tuck/ Abdominoplasty
Abdominoplasty, better known as 'tummy tuck' basically tightens up loose skin in the stomach area, especially for women who have given birth or who have lost an excessive amount of weight, resulting in flab. Abdominoplasty involves resection of folds of skin of the abdomen, with relocation of navel and tightening of the abdomen muscles, to restore the lost tone during pregnancy. If someone has excess amounts of fat, liposuction may be done along with Abdominoplasty. This surgery requires general anesthesia and a three or four day stay in the hospital.
A facelift, or rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the face and neck, such as:
- Sagging in the middle of your face
- Deep creases below the lower eyelids
- Deep creases along the nose extending to the corner of the mouth
- Fat that has fallen or has disappeared
- Loss of skin tone in the lower face that creates jowls
- Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw can give even a person of normal weight the appearance of a double chin
- The loss of youthful contours in the face can be due to a variety of factors, including heredity, gravity, environmental conditions, and stress.
Rejuvenation procedures typically performed in conjunction with a facelift are brow lift, to correct a sagging or deeply furrowed brow, and eyelid surgery to rejuvenate aging eyes.
A face lift is a cosmetic surgery procedure that reduces the signs of aging by tightening the muscles beneath the skin of the neck, tightening the skin itself, and removing excess fat, all of which can provide an overall improvement to the appearance. You will end up looking younger.Although a face lift cannot make someone in their 50s look like they were 20, it can make you look several years younger
Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
Being the most noticeable part on your face, irregularities and deformities of the nose are apparent and prominent. Depending upon the case, Rhinoplasty includes elevation of a depressed nose by adding cartilage, bone or silicone implant, removal of a hump,reduction of the bulk of the tip of the nose, reduction of the size of the nostrils and narrowing of the base of the nose.Cosmetic Nose Surgery is done using either local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia and in most cases, either a single day or no hospital stay is required.
Rhinoplasty enhances facial harmony and the proportions of your nose. It can also correct impaired breathing caused by structural defects in the nose.Rhinoplasty surgery can change:
- Nose size in relation to facial balance
- Nose width at the bridge or in the size and position of the nostrils
- Nose profile with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip that is enlarged or bulbous, drooping, upturned or hooked
- Nostrils that are large, wide, or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry
Buttock Augmentation / Brazilian Butt Lift
Buttock augmentation surgery, sometimes referred to as a Brazilian butt lift when fat transfer is involved, uses implants, fat grafting or sometimes a combination of both to increase the size of your buttocks.This procedure can:
- Increase fullness, roundness and projection of your buttock
- Improve the balance of your figure
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
Buttock augmentation surgery is right for someone who does not like the shape of their buttock or is looking to balance their body. It is commonly performed in one of two ways, with implants or fat transfer. The fat transfer procedure is commonly known as a "Brazilian butt lift."
Your buttock augmentation surgery can be achieved through either the use of implants or through transferring your existing fat or sometimes and combination of both. Your surgeon may choose between a variety of incision patterns and techniques.The appropriate technique for you will be determined based on:
- Buttock size and shape
- The amount of fat you have on your body that is available for use through liposuction
- Your goals and activity level
- Skin quality and elasticity as well as the amount of extra skin
- Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedures. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. Your doctor will recommend the best choice for you. No matter which type of buttock augmentation procedure you have, anesthesia will be used to ensure your comfort during the procedure.
The results of butt augmentation are permanent when butt implants are used. However, when fat transfer is used for enhancement, the outcome may not be as long-lasting and follow-up injections may be necessary.
Otoplasty (Ear Correction Surgery)
Ear correction surgery is done on protruding ears to make them less visible. The missing fold is created by folding the ear cartilage and the skin is then sutured. It can be done under local or general anesthesia and usually does not require hospital stay.
Ear surgery, also known as Otoplasty, can improve the shape, position or proportion of the ear.
- Otoplasty can correct a defect in the ear structure that is present at birth that becomes apparent with development or it can treat misshapen ears caused by injury.
- Ear surgery creates a natural shape, while bringing balance and proportion to the ears and face. Correction of even minor deformities can have profound beneﬁts to appearance and self-esteem.
- Protruding ears occurring on one or both sides in varying degrees — not associated with hearing loss
- Adult dissatisfaction with previous ear surgery
Aesthetic Lid Surgery / Blepharoplasty
A surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids. Surgery can be performed on either the upper and lower lids, or both.
Whether you want to improve your appearance or are experiencing functional problems with your eyelids, the surgery can rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes.Eye Lid surgery can treat:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
Eyelid surgery corrects wrinkled skin on the upper lids and puffy bags under the eye. Incisions follow the natural contour lines of your upper and lower eyelids. Incisions are closed and will fade and blend into the natural creases. After surgery, your appearance is brighter, more alert and rested.